Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Goodbye Kitties .. and Kids


Megan and Will (and our grandcats, Jack and Dewey) are leaving today to return to North Carolina. At least that was their plan when they went to bed last night (actually, it was more like this morning .. sometime after midnight .. I didn't wait up to check the time).

Last year their plans were thwarted (that's a funny sounding word) when they encountered multiple issues with their car. The issues were resolved (we had an intervention .. at King Tire in Humboldt), but they weren't able to leave until the next day (translated: it would have been a very late start and dad .. that's me .. insisted they wait).

I don't think that is going to be the case this go around .. but you never know.

The holidays are bittersweet around the Hamilton house.

I love having my kids home (Drew was only here Christmas Eve and Christmas Day .. too short a visit in my book .. hey, you take what you can get) and cherish every moment they are here (with the possible exception of the wee hours in the morning when Dewey decides it is time to play with a bottle cap).

However, it makes me "sad in my heart" (my favorite saying from Ms Cathy M) when it's time for them to say goodbye.

So, here I sit .. waiting for someone else in this house to rise and shine. I just want to know if today really is the day they'll be leaving.

Where's my screwdriver and hammer?

I think there's a little "work" to be done on the car ...

"And when the man rose up to depart, his father in law urged him: therefore he lodged there again."
- Judges 19:7

No comments: