Friday, December 4, 2009

Trying to Ketchup


Yesterday's outing with the YYs turned out being a lot of fun .. and somewhat productive (since I was driving one of the vehicles, we played the CD to our Christmas program on the way to Nashville and back .. four choir members were with me and they had their books .. can you say Mini Rehearsal?).

We laughed a lot at the play, Christmas Belles (although I was a little nervous at first about the content .. it turned out fine) and it's always a treat being with "old" friends .. senior adults rock!

The play was over in plenty of time to get back for the community Christmas tree lighting (man, that thing went up in flames really fast this year) and I was able to attend.

Note to self: go by the house next time and get a heavy coat and toboggan (for you Yankees .. that's a stocking cap not a sled). I'm reasonably sure the powers that be refer to the Farmer's Almanac and look for the absolute coldest night they can find for the event. At least it wasn't raining, snowing or sleeting like it has in years past.

A few months ago I was asked to lead some Christmas carols during last night's festivities. Since I wasn't sure if we'd make it back from Nashville, I lined up a friend (former Music Minister from FBC Humboldt, David Whaley) to do the honors.

Although I did get back in time to lead the singing, I "let David do it" (George wasn't available) because I wasn't prepared .. imagine that.

He did a great job leading Mary Key and me (I saw one other guy moving his mouth, but I'm pretty sure he was on his cell phone using Bluetooth) in some songs of the season. However, I know he had to be miserable (David stays cold .. I've seen him wear a coat at the beach).

Maybe one day we'll be friends again.

Since I was out of the office all day Thursday, I need to go in this morning and tie up a few loose ends.

In the words of one of the characters from yesterday's play ..

I just love Christmas!

".. thy servant was busy here and there .." - I Kings 20:40a

No comments: