Thursday, December 3, 2009

Head 'em Up .. Move 'em Out


Right next to the word "stressed" in the encyclopedia you will find a picture of a music minister with a December calendar in his/her hand.

Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year .. just as soon as all our programs are complete.

So, what am I doing today, December 3?

Going to Nashville to see a play (Christmas Belles at Chaffin's Barn) with our senior adults, the YYs .. Why? .. Why?

Didn't we just get back from Pigeon Forge?

For some crazy reason when we planned this "day trip" months ago I thought it would be a nice "diversion" during a busy time.

What was I thinking??

Don't take that the wrong way.

I love my senior adults and they are "tons of fun" to be with. I'm just afraid with a lot on my mind (upcoming Christmas programs, speaking engagements, Sunday School class parties, etc..) I'm going to be like "Debbie Downer" .. not much fun to be around today.

Oh well. The lot has been cast .. you can purchase this lot for just pennies on the dollar .. and we are leaving at 8:30 sharp (or in my case .. dull, boring and stressed to the max) this morning.

I need to get off the computer and get going. The Bluebird bus is full of fuel. However, we are also taking the fifteen passenger van for this little outing and I need to go gas it up (insert joke of your choice here).

By the way, we can't dilly-dally (is that really a word?) after the play. My friend and recently retired bus driver for the Youth of Yesterday, Gus Hicks (♪♫ hop on the bus, Gus ♪♫) is the honoree at the lighting of the community Christmas tree and there's no way I'm going to miss it ..

.. unless we get caught in traffic.

I love Christmastime (insert sigh and roll eyes here).

" .. they rushed with one accord into the theatre."
- Acts 19:29b

No comments: