Monday, December 28, 2009

My Own Little Adventureland


For the past few years I have taken off the last two weeks in the month of December to finish up my vacation time.

Since during those two weeks the office is already closed for three days (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day), it is not the smartest thing I could do. However, it is certainly "dead time" in the music area at church .. all the Christmas music has been completed (if all goes as planned) and it's next to impossible trying to rehearse during the holidays (special practice on December 23 .. be there!!), so ...

If you can't beat em .. and trust me on this .. you can't (DHS can be a real pain) .. join em.

Of course, this is more staycation than vacation since I usually just hang around the house looking for little odd jobs and home projects I have no intention of completing.

I do make a few quick trips during those two weeks (bathroom, pantry, refrigerator), but it's not like going to DisneyWorld (unless I can get Cheryl to dress in an international costume and sing "It's a Small World, After All" continuously .. yeah .. right).

It is what it is .. some much needed "down time" before 2010 hits me right between the eyes.

Gotta go. I've been drinking too much coffee.

Next stop .. Splash Mountain.

"And he saw that rest was good, and the land that it was pleasant." - Genesis 49:15a

No comments: