Saturday, May 30, 2009

Birthday Greetings .. Again


It seems like the past several posts have been filled with nothing but anniversary and birthday acknowledgments. That is because the last few posts have been filled with nothing but anniversary and birthday acknowledgments.

Today is no exception.

It is my mother's birthday and I wanted to do something special (I've been trying to post a JibJab video for the past hour or so .. but I keep getting an error message). However, it looks like that "ain't gonna happen."

Mom, you will just have to settle for more of the same old .. same old.

Since we are on the subject of old ...

Actually, I don't think of my mom as being old. She remains active and she can still whisper in public (the elderly have no concept of this .. perhaps they have to talk loudly to hear themselves). However, I turned 52 yesterday and I suppose that indicates she must be, at least, approaching "getting on up there."

Some things do get better with age.
  • A fine wine (not to be confused with a fine whine - the thin, shrill sound made by children in public places like the grocery store or Walmart .. evidently, only heard by dogs and all the other shoppers .. the child's parent never seems to notice).
  • Cheese .. of course it sometimes gets moldy and stinks (let's skip that one).
Okay, that's really the only things I can think of that improve with age.

Mom, looks like there's not much to look forward to .. except taking care of dad.

I sure wish that JibJab video would have loaded.

Love you!

"Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old" - Proverbs 23:22

No comments: