Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's Raining Cats and ...


Well, we had of couple of days free from precipitation here in Humboldt, Tennessee. However, as I sit in front of the computer screen, there is the distinct sound of rain, thunder and wind (I really think that last one was me .. a lactose intolerance issue that rears .. no pun intended .. well, maybe a little .. its ugly head from time to time).

Because of my crazy schedule here of late, I haven't been able to mow the yard for a couple of weeks. Now, it appears that's still not going to happen any time soon.

I have a mulching mower and the grass needs to be dry to keep from getting clogged up (I'm using great restraint right now .. I promise not to make today's post full of bathroom humor).

We have new neighbors behind (not going to do it) us and Cliff has been diligent to keep their yard cut and trimmed ever since mowing season (on 'opening day' the yards were crawling with mowers ready to 'bag' their first grass) started.

I've mowed once so far this year.

Again, I can't help it. Between my hectic lifestyle and a backyard that looks like Lake Erie when it rains ('water/wait' build up), lately .. I just can't cut it.

Since everyone who lives around me seems to take great pride (it goeth before a fall, you know) in their "outside appearance," it can't be long before they join forces and present me with a petition to "clean up or clear out."

So far, I've been able to talk my way out of an eviction.

I simply say I'm letting the grass grow high enough to help "choke out" the weeds.

It's now at two feet and I'm reasonably sure there will be some type of choking involved if I don't take action soon.

Anyone have a cow or goat for rent?

"The hay appeareth and the tender grass showeth itself." - Proverbs 27:25a

1 comment:

Tom T. Kitty said...

Tell everybody that your yard has been declared a protected wetlands site by the state and you'll be hit with a hefty fine for "destroying the wetlands" (a.k.a. mowing the yard).