Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Go Cheryl .. It's Your Birthday!


With all that has been going on in our lives in recent days, I failed to mention yesterday (May 11) was the twenty sixth anniversary of my wife's twenty fifth birthday.

It started out with me reminding Cheryl that is was her birthday (a mind is a terrible thing to waste) then kicking myself (no small feat .. which is one of the reasons it hurt so much .. no small feet .. I wear 9 Ds) for doing so because I didn't even have her a card .. at that point.

I managed to get to City Gift (I like the new store, Mary Key) after staff meeting and carefully looked through every "To My Wife on Her Birthday" card in stock (eenie, meenie, minie, moe). I also had them send a little something to her workplace (nothing says 'I love you and am trying desperately to salvage my marriage' like a mylar balloon) to make everyone at Humboldt High School think I am a wonderful husband (exercising two great tenets of a successful marriage .. trickery and deception).

A card and some balloons are nice, but I needed something to "bring it on home." So, during my SonShiners rehearsal I called Cheryl and the group sang "Happy Birthday" (a super sudden serenade sung by seasoned singers).

Nice touch, if I do say so myself.

Last night, I took her "out on the town" to a special event at the Civic Center: my nephew's graduation (congratulations, Eron!!)

The evening concluded splitting a "Brownie Obsession" at TGI Friday's and heading to the house to watch .. House.

Don't let anyone fool you. I know how to show a woman a good time.

"Therefore Sarah laughed within herself saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?" - Genesis 18:12

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday, Cheryl. Twenty-five looks great on you! Kevin, you've learned a lot in these years of marriage, haven't you?! I'm impressed! (Still praying for you all, by the way. How is Drew?)

RevKev♫ said...

Drew went back to work yesterday. He's struggling, but trying. He has a lot of friends who are there for him during this difficult time. Keep praying. Thanks.