Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memphis Blues


Today is my "hospital day" (sounds like it should be a national holiday .. Labor Day .. Veterans Day .. Hospital Day) and I am going to Memphis to make my "rounds."

We do have a hospital in Humboldt (less than a half mile from my house) and there are two in Jackson (about 15 miles away). However, a couple of our members didn't check with me before checking in to separate facilities in the greater Memphis area (it's always good to get a second opinion), so .. I'm going to "Willie World."

I moved to Humboldt almost ten years ago from Bartlett (just outside Memphis .. are you happy Tom T?) and this brings back quite a few memories ('hand me all your money or I'll cut you' .. ah .. downtown).

Because there are several hospitals there, "hospital day" was literally a hospital .. day.

Many times I would leave in the wee hours (not to be confused with the wii hours .. we live in a changing culture) of the morning and get home very, very late (they could have put all the hospitals in one central location, but .. NOOOOOO .. why try to make things convenient? .. again, no one checked with me).

If it sounds like I'm bitter, I'm not (not about this particular situation .. other things? .. yes).

Memphis has great places to eat (can you say 'ministry expense?'), an Apple Store (Disneyland for geeks), and MoMs (ministers of music) who are good friends of mine.

Looks like I will be making a day of it!

"And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country .. "
- Luke 15:13

4 comments:

Tom T. Kitty said...

Bartlett is NOT a suburb of Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!

RevKev♫ said...

You are correct and I know better. Sorry to get your fur all up in the air. A correction has been made.

Unknown said...

Wow Kevin you are too funny and this blog just made my day...once again happy birthday!!!

Hani

Tom T. Kitty said...

Send me the donuts!