Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Will and Megan: In Tall Cotton


I want to wish my son-in-law, Will, and daughter extraordinaire, Megan (Will .. you are wonderful, as well .. but she's daddy's little girl and 'trumps' you in the area of accolades this time around .. come back on your birthday and I'll 'lay it on thick' then) a very happy second anniversary (I hope you read today's post because I didn't send a card or gift .. these are tough economic times, you know).

It's hard to believe it has been two years since Will stole my baby .. I mean married my daughter .. and moved her off to North Carolina where he was accepted to graduate school (just to brag .. he was accepted everywhere he applied .. he's a Brainiac .. that's why we relate so well).

Though there is well over eight hundred miles between us, I assure you "out of sight .. out of mind" does not apply here. I think about you both each and every day.

Traditionally, your second anniversary is "cotton' (twenty fifth, silver .. fiftieth, gold). This may not seem all that exciting, but compared to the one year mark (paper), it is a slight step up (you know, I never received a thank you note for that ream of 20 lb ultra bright white I got you last May).

Since you are coming home for a week or two during the summer, I decided to save the postage (again .. lean times) and give you the anniversary gifts then.

Don't worry. White socks can be worn any time of year.

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you."
- Philippians 1:3

4 comments:

Olive Tree said...

Hi, it's a very great blog.
I could tell how much efforts you've taken on it.
keep doing!

Tom T. Kitty said...

What's the Olive Tree Guitar Ensemble?

RevKev said...

Click on the name. The guy must have just stumbled upon my blog,

Alan Sumner said...

Great job Kevin! I enjoy the blog every week. I'm gonna need some pointers on how to have your daughter stolen away and survive as "my sweetie" is getting married in December.