Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday .. Just Another Work Day


Today is Friday (this blog is chock-full of information .. forget your calendar? .. no problem .. RevKev will tell you what day it is). I am usually off on Fridays .. okay, I'm usually off every day (see 'he ain't right' for additional details) .. but, I need to go in to the office to tie up some loose ends (not related to today's photo).

Ministry is like a box of chocolates .. you never know what you're gonna get (much like reading this stuff).

Yesterday started like any other .. sharing, yet another, glimpse into my fascinating life (I wrote about mowing the yard .. riveting). However, it quickly "veered off to the right" (never to the left .. I think Rush is liberal) and took several sharp turns before parking myself in front of the television (an episode of Criminal Minds about anthrax .. I needed something 'lightweight' to help me relax) at 10:15 PM.

My "job" doesn't usually require much physical labor (one of the appealing factors that drew me to ministry .. and the sense of God's calling, of course .. I consider the 'no hard work' part a signing bonus). However, the mental stress and strain can be almost unbearable at times.

I witnessed the passing of one of God's saints at the hospital on Thursday.

John Rosenfelder, a long time choir member at FBC, joined the heavenly choir (evidently there was an opening in the bass section) at 3:52 PM yesterday afternoon.

John had not been able to sing with us the past few years. He was at home taking care of his wife (who is also in the hospital and will be joining him shortly) of well over sixty years (incredible).

He loved singing, but he loved "Miss Fay" even more.

Now, he is patiently waiting at the gate for her arrival to give her a tour of their new home.

I've been told it is VERY nice.

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared for a bride adorned for her husband." - Revelation 21:2

No comments: