Friday, May 1, 2009

May Day! May Day! May Day!


Believe it or not (people in Humboldt have a difficult time with this .. those in Ripley? .. it's almost impossible for them), today is May 1.

This month is going to be a busy one.

Tonight there's a college "mystery trip" planned and I'm going (I've been with the senior citizens .. now it's time to travel on the bus with the college seniors .. next time around? .. high school seniors .. then, the guys in the Spanish-speaking ministry .. seƱors) with the students from our church.

Next week is the West Tennessee Strawberry Festival.

On Sunday, I direct a Gaither Homecoming Community Choir (if you are singing in this group, don't forget your 'funeral home fan,' white handkerchief and toupee). Monday, I am the emcee for the Opening Ceremony (one strike of my gavel starts off the week .. note to self: don't forget emcee hammer).

Cheryl's birthday is in May. So is my mom's .. and mine.

Throw in graduation, showers, weddings (and a few banquets here and there) and you have a month that's going to fly by.

I hate flying.

"The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly." - Revelation 11:14

1 comment:

Tom T. Kitty said...

Is that a picture of a satnic ritual, or a photo from your latest musical?