Saturday, August 1, 2009

Revive Us (Me) .. Again


Before we begin our daily blog, I am happy to report the kids .. and kitties .. arrived safely in North Carolina last night around 9:45 PM (that's 10:45 Eastern time .. yes, they did 'sleep in' yesterday morning .. told you so .. I have the gift of prophecy).

All that worrying paid off once more (I know Matthew 6:34 says not to worry .. however, it says not to worry about tomorrow .. I was worrying yesterday .. that's okay, isn't it?).

Yet, I digress.

In the morning I will be leading music at Antioch Baptist Church in Humboldt (First Baptist seems to be getting tired of me .. that is what I gathered from Wednesday night's rehearsal attendance .. it was so barren you could hear crickets). Actually, I will be in revival there August 2-5.

I am looking forward to the week (in church work a week long revival means Sunday through Wednesday .. God is good all the time) and a special treat will be seeing and hearing the revival preacher, Dr. Bob Agee.

Dr. Agee was the Dean of Religious Affairs (they later changed that title .. thanks to the rash of televangelists who were found to be having affairs .. religiously) at Union University when I was a student and it is a privilege and honor to even be on the same platform where he stands (I know this is true because several people told me .. it is a privilege and honor to even be on the same platform where he stands).

"Dr. Bob" was also interim at FBC in Humboldt, so our paths have crossed on more than one occasion.

Please pray for me (and the church, obviously .. they'll never know what hit 'em) this week. I need a fresh touch from God and this survival .. I mean .. revival .. is just what the doctor ordered (along with cutting out caffeine and fatty foods).

Finally, let's keep this blog "our little secret." There's no need for the good folk at Antioch to know about RevKev's place.

It might "color" their opinion of me .. and cut down on the love offering.

"Wilt Thou not revive us again: that Thy people may rejoice in Thee?" - Psalm 138:7

No comments: