Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back On the Road


I have a full day of ministry related activities to accomplish so today's post will have to be .. posthaste.

One of my YYs (Youth of Yesterday aka seniors) has been in Vanderbilt Hospital since last Friday and I haven't had the opportunity to go check on her before today. So .. with my rechargeable razor and a cup of coffee in hand (no texting, of course .. that would be too dangerous), I'm off to "Music City" .. for neither fame nor fortune.

I will be coming back through Jackson and stopping by hospital number two (there's a crude joke in there somewhere, but I'm limited on time and can't go for it) to see my secretary who had to have unexpected emergency surgery (I suppose all emergency surgeries are unexpected, actually) late yesterday afternoon (she was doing well last night).

Our deacon sponsored "Widow and Widowers Banquet" (it's kind of like a 'hook up' event) is tonight, as well. So I have to be back in Humboldt by 6:00.

If you add completing Sunday's order of worship and tying up loose ends (again .. no time to make an inappropriate joke .. darn it), I must really get going.

Looks like I'll need an umbrella .. and perhaps a small boat.

"And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth" - Genesis 7:18

2 comments:

Allen and Laura said...

Post from September 14, 2009
Rain, Rain .. Don't DARE Go Away ....

You want to retract that one please. I think it's rained every day since then.


Have a safe trip to Nashville.

RevKev said...

Tell me about it! I'll try to choose my titles/subjects more wisely in the future .. I said try.