Saturday, September 19, 2009

Little Shop(ping) of Horrors


Cheryl is going to spend the day in Nashville shopping with her friend, Cyndi (today is her birthday .. Cyndi's not Cheryl's). That means I have the whole house to myself for the entire day!

A dream come true? Not by a long shot.

There are bathrooms to clean, floors to vacuum, sheets to wash and furniture to dust.

How do I know this (guys don't usually notice)? My wife told me so. That's right. She got me again.

Since both of us work during the week (everyone knows Cheryl does .. there is still question about me), there is really not much time to clean the house Monday through Friday.

Oh, we do a little straightening up along the way. However, the "heavy lifting" doesn't take place until the weekend and since Sunday is the Lord's day .. this only leaves Saturday for that endeavor.

For some strange reason .. or as fate would have it .. I have noticed Cheryl seems to always have a shower, wedding, women's conference, or (as in today's scenario) a shopping trip planned.

I don't want to read too much into this. However, I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

I talk to lots of guys on Sunday who say they spent all day Saturday lying on the couch watching football. Do they not have wives? Do they live in Stepford?

Since I'm really not that much of a sports fanatic .. although I do enjoy a rousing game of ping-pong as much as the next fellow .. this leaves me with no valid excuse. So ..

I guess I'll tie on my apron, slip on the Platex rubber gloves and "get with it."

Honey, have you seen my feather duster?

" .. then the priest shall pronounce the house clean .."
- Leviticus 14:48b

1 comment:

RevKev♫ said...

The truth is (the REAL truth this time) I don't deserve her. She has to be subjected to (more accurately .. IS the subject of) constant blog posts where the lines are often (okay, ALWAYS) blurred between fact and fiction. I often take things too far in my desperate search for a laugh.

People think it's a "laugh a minute" living with me. Trust me, it's not (I've done it for 52 years).

If you want to see what I REALLY think of my wife, check out this post. It's over a year old, but it still holds true today.

http://revkevhamilton.blogspot.com/2008/09/you-are-sunshine-of-my-life.html