Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long Weekend .. Yippy


This is one of those "long holiday weekends" everyone seems to so look forward to and I'm not quite sure what all the fuss is about.

Don't get me wrong. I like having an extra day off during the week as much as the next guy. It's just I don't really do too much on Mondays anyway.

Hey, don't judge.

Sunday really takes it out of me and I think "kicking back" slightly (I do a lot of hiding out .. it's a big building) on Monday isn't that bad .. if no one knows (shh, it's our little secret).

Tomorrow (Sunday), of this long holiday weekend, includes church (AM only), my .. actually, our .. 29th wedding anniversary (Cheryl's a glutton for punishment .. I'm just a glutton), and a family reunion (yes .. if there's a holiday, there's a family reunion).

We will need Monday off just to recover.

Oh, well. A holiday is a holiday.

I just wonder what "honey do" project I will be forced .. I mean .. I will get to do for my lovely wife of twenty nine years?

I might need an extra day off to rest after this long (that's the right word, alright) holiday weekend.

"Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live." - Psalm 116:2

No comments: