Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thirsty Thursday


It has been extremely dry here in West Tennessee (this is also a characteristic of the majority of the banquets I have done of late) for weeks, but it looks like there might a chance of rain over the weekend.

However, since it is a "holiday" weekend, many will be praying the prayer of Noah, "Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day." (I know it's in Genesis somewhere .. I just can't locate the exact verse at the moment).

We are such fickle people.

When it doesn't rain, we complain. When it does rain .. yet inconveniences our plans .. we complain.

My Wednesday men's prayer group just started another book by Max Lucado entitled, Come Thirsty and it gives hope to those "dehydrated" from neglect, fear and guilt. He extends a challenge to "drink deeply" from God's "well of grace" and to turn to God for spiritual energy.

I don't know about you, but I go through "dry spells" in my spiritual life.

I know about the Living Water (actually, I personally know the Living Water .. want my autograph?) but, often I'm only "taking a sip" when I should be "drinking in" all He has for me.

Perhaps it will rain this weekend. Perhaps not.

Either way, I'm confident the One Who holds the moon and stars in place (He's a Gorilla Glue God!) can certainly handle the situation.

He's also the Great Physician. His advice?

Drink plenty of fluids and call (on) Me in the morning.

"Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give will never be thirsty. The water I give will become a spring of water gushing up inside that person, giving eternal life."
- John 4:13-14

2 comments:

jidgede said...

"good preachin"....

Cathy said...

I lak it! Bring the rain!