Saturday, September 26, 2009

Whether I'm Right .. Or Weather I'm Wrong


A couple of days ago one of my readers (not the other one) commented about the post, "Rain, Rain .. Don't DARE Go Away." They suggested I might want to write a retraction for that day's writing and perhaps they are right.

Two weeks straight of this "persistent precipitation" is quite enough and we are so ready to see some sunshine. However (if you recall), prior to that time it had been as dry as powder .. or one of my blog entries .. and I was merely trying to "help" the Lord out a little bit.

Obviously, just like Robert Young .. the Father knows best.

We're never content are we?

We complain when it doesn't rain for weeks at a time. Then when it DOES rain .. for weeks at a time .. we complain about that.

I was talking to Judge Tommy Moore (no it wasn't standing before him in court .. this time) at the TMC retreat and he quoted something our tour guide said when the chorale was in Wales two years ago.

Tommy casually said, "Looks like it might rain today," to which the man replied (please read in your finest British accent to get the full effect):

Whether the weather be mild or whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold or whether the weather be hot,
We'll weather the weather whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not.

It appears the rain will be leaving our area after today. If it doesn't, that's okay with me.

Lord, it's totally in Your control and I'll keep my opinions to myself .. on this particular subject.

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:45

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So the British thing that you wrote...I learned that in my using music in the classroom class. So yippee! Sorry I didnt make it to chapel! I never make it when you are here. Your WD