Friday, September 25, 2009

Sleep in Heavenly Peace .. Yeah Right


All the rain we've been having for the past fews weeks has drawn my attention away from a subject very near and dear (well, perhaps just near) to my heart .. sleeplessness.

If you were to search the archives of this blog site, I suspect you would find a high percentage of posts would deal with the issue of sleep deprivation (second only to juvenile bathroom humor .. as it should be, of course).

It is now 3:13 in the morning .. on my day off .. and I have been up and about since 1:20 AM.

Why do I do this? Is there something important (healthcare reform, war/general unrest around the world .. who will ultimately win 'Dancing with the Stars') laying heavily on my mind?

I'm puzzled and perplexed.

I like sleep .. I want to sleep.

Sleep is good.

Lack of sleep is .. bad (at least the insomnia has not affected my sharp wit and keen writing style).

I've often been told only someone with a guilty conscience would have trouble sleeping, but I don't believe that for one minute.

You must have a conscience for it to be guilty.

I rest my case.

Maybe it was something I ate .. an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato .. a GooGoo Cluster.

Whatever the reason, this is not fun (nor a particularly interesting post).

Oh well, tomorrow is another day .. actually tomorrow is already today .. and it's going to be a long one.

".. wherein shall he sleep? and it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear; for I am gracious." - Exodus 22:27b

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

My mother used to tell me ... "if you weren't so mean during the day time you could sleep at night?" But she told me with love!!!

I now have a new best friend. Its name is benadryl ...

Since you can't really catch up on sleep, I won't say that but I do hope you get some restful shut eye for some consistently extended period at the appropriate time soon.

Cathy said...

Watch my magic wand move back...forth...back...forth...back...forth...you will sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep....back....forth...

Teresa said...

Kev, same with me - and, yes, it was the Goo-Goo Cluster

You know, I am not enjoying the insomnia, either..so, I just wander around Facebook or some very entertaining blog :) until I drop off from the sheer insanity of it all....

I hope you sleeping tonight - obviously, once again, I am not