Monday, September 14, 2009

Rain, Rain .. Don't DARE Go Away


By the time most of you read this there may or may not be rain in the area. However, when I woke up (4:00 - 4:15 AM .. the early bird gets the worm .. no thanks, I'll just have cereal) it was really coming down out there.

This is good (unless you were supposed to play in the local golf tournament this morning .. sorry) because we have been in desperate need of the "wet stuff" for quite some time now.

It did rain two inches according to our rain gauge (yes, I'm officially old .. we have a rain gauge) on Sunday, September 6 while Cheryl and I were out of town for our twenty-ninth anniversary getaway (or "Black Sunday" as it is now known), but that has been the only precipitation we have had in some time.

I hate to brag, but I may be partially responsible for any rain we might get this week (it's in the forecast for several days .. of course we all know that can change 'as the wind blows').

Since I didn't mow my yard this weekend, that increased the possibility of rain by about 75 percent.

I just wish I had washed my car. That would have sealed the deal.

"That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:45

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I'm looking forward to reading much more! Love the video too!