Sunday, September 6, 2009

Twenty Nine and Holding

Today is a very special day and I want to take this opportunity to say "Happy Anniversary" to my bride of twenty nine years (this is odd .. my wife tells everyone she's 29 .. hmm .. that would literally be 'robbing the cradle').

Cheryl and I were married on September 6, 1980 (Labor Day weekend) at Englewood Baptist Church in Jackson, Tennessee and it was definitely a "labor of love" on her part.

For some strange reason she felt sorry enough for me to say "I do" (perhaps it was because she was led to believe I was a millionaire, had two weeks to live and a fear of dying alone .. I don't know where she got that idea??).

The important thing is we are still together after all these years.

I love you, sweetheart. Thanks for "hanging in there" .. and not smothering me with a pillow in my sleep.

"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."
- Genesis 2:18

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Happy Day! Enjoy it and may you have at least 29 more. Love you both.