Monday, September 21, 2009

Singing with My Peeps


I had trouble sleeping (with all the rain we've experienced lately, you can just call me 'Sleepless in Seattle') last night .. again. This means today's post will have to be brief because "I'm running a little behind" (this is not a jogging reference nor commentary on my gluteous maximus, btw).

The West Tennessee Ministers of Music (MoMs, for short .. or even tall) will meet at FBC in Jackson this morning at ten o'clock for our first meeting of the year (2009-2010). We will reacquaint ourselves with some music from last season, do a little "polishing" (I'm bring the Brasso®) and then sing for the church's senior adult meeting at 11:30.

Lately, I seem to be spending most of my "leisure time" with seniors or singers .. make that seniors AND singers (David Whaley is in the group) .. which is fine with me.

I enjoy the fun and fellowship of being with my peers and I love how young I feel (and look) when I'm around the elderly.

For the most part, it's a win/win situation.

The downside is losing an "old" friend (David Whaley reads my blog).

"I will sing of the tender mercies of the LORD forever! Young and old will hear of your faithfulness." - Psalm 81:9

No comments: