Thursday, October 15, 2009

Breakfast: Not All It's Cracked Up to Be


They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, I rarely have anything in the mornings except a very necessary cup of coffee .. if I don't drink it, people could die.

Today I am getting ready and heading out to The Humboldt Grill for a full blown breakfast of eggs, bacon, toast (dark, almost burnt .. the way I like it) and coffee .. please don't speak or approach me prior to said coffee (see above paragraph).

Contrary to what "they" say, breakfast is not the most important meal of the day for me .. except when I'm on vacation.

For some strange reason I do like to eat a rather large morning meal when I'm on a different schedule .. make that, no schedule.

When I was a kid, we went to Florida every year during the Summer (we always stayed at the Sea Lodge in Panama City Beach) and I recall eating a big breakfast each and every day we were there.

Why a sudden departure from my regular routine?

No clue .. other than it was vacation.

Well, I'm on vacation until the end of this week and I have decided to keep up the tradition this morning.

Anyone want to join me at The Grill?

I think it's an eggcellent idea.

"And make me savoury meat, such as I love, and bring it to me, that I may eat." - Genesis 27:4a

1 comment:

erin said...

Stephen says he saw you at Target today. I eat breakfast every day and love it, but Stephen is not a big fan of breakfast. We both like eating breakfast foods for dinner, though.