Thursday, October 29, 2009

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire


On Tuesday I made a big deal about being fed up with Facebook and how I was "walking away" because of all of its problems, errors, inconsistencies, and issues.

Well, bring me some crow (with salt, pepper, and a bottle of A1 Sauce) because I'm already back and "badder than ever" on this addictive time-waster (it's like "As the World Turns" .. for geeks).

Within hours of making this bold declaration, all my Facebook problems seemed to have magically disappeared (or dispapeared .. as one of my children use to say) and everything was back to normal (a relative term when referring to any activity in which I am involved).

For days I had not been able to post comments, check statuses, send important private messages (.. 'do you have Prince Albert in a can?' ..) or offer birthday greetings to any of my friends.

This was very frustrating, so I decided to take a hike and leave this "social network" (ABC, NBC and now .. FB See) behind.

Of course, because of the addictive nature of "the beast," I was not able to leave well enough alone. So, I came back one last time to pay my respects.

To my surprise, I found everything had been "fixed" and all was well in the world again.

I don't know if it was just a coincidence or if someone from FB saw my blog and starting working "round the clock" to resolve all the problems (I'm reasonably sure it was the latter) and keep one of their best "wisenheimers."

Whatever the reason, it worked.

An aside .. I made one last post (yeah, right) on Facebook to tell everyone I was fed up with FB and making a "clean break." One of my friends thought FB meant "First Baptist" and the rumor mill started flying that I was leaving the church.

Sorry, "folk at First" .. No such luck.

"As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly." - Proverbs 26:11

1 comment:

Vicki Dale said...

You are hysterical....I didn't hear you were leaving the church, guess I'm not in "THE LOOP". So you can't blame me for that rumor.