Friday, October 30, 2009

I Can't Stand the Pressure


Because of circumstances beyond my control, today's post will be brief and, in all probability, boring (unlike most of my posts which are not so brief .. and boring).

I woke up this morning (no, I'm not singing a BB King song .. I just .. woke up this morning) with a terrible sinus headache (welcome back ..'old friend') that is a real pain in the neck .. and forehead .. and temple.

This is somewhat surprising since yesterday I blew, what had to be, well over two gallons of "junk" (for lack of a better .. or even worse .. word) out of my nose. Sorry, I hope that's not too gross for you (please read that last sentence very slowly .. if you don't, it might sound like .. 'Sorry, I hope that snot too gross for you' .. which IS gross).

So, here I am.

It's my day off. The wind is blowing (that's not a reference to another physical ailment of mine .. the wind is actually blowing), the rain is on its way (that's a shocker) and any light whatsoever in the room makes me wince.

I need another kleenex .. or perhaps a small hand towel.

".. his plague is in his head." - Leviticus 13:44b

No comments: