Saturday, October 3, 2009

Marriage Is What Brings Us Together Today

I am including a brief movie clip in today's blog post. I know it's not Wednesday (Kev's Klip of the Week) but this seemed appropriate for several reasons:
  • The Princess Bride has been a family favorite (my wife and kids can quote much of it from memory) since it was first released .. we have it on VHS and two versions on DVD.
  • One of my watchcare daughters, Sarah loves the movie (watchcare has nothing to do with timepiece maintenance .. at church we 'adopt' college students through this program).
  • Sarah is getting married today at 2 o'clock.
  • I didn't much feel like writing.
If you haven't seen The Princess Bride, check it out (if you have a VHS player, call me .. I can hook you up .. and perhaps keep the clock from flashing 12:00).


I'll see some of you at the Harvey/Eastin wedding at FBC Humboldt this afternoon (I will be leading a congregational hymn .. no, I couldn't talk Sarah into singing, 'I'd Rather Have Jesus' to her groom).

I also had no luck getting Bro. Steve, who is performing the wedding, to talk like Peter Cook did in this scene.

You people need to lighten up. This is only a lifelong commitment .. not brain surgery.

Well, actually .......

"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." - Genesis 2:24

No comments: