Tuesday, October 27, 2009

No Longer Able to Show My Face in Public


No, I haven't been humiliated (well, maybe just a little .. yesterday Englewood's pastor got in a pretty good zinger on me .. however, it was well deserved payback for something I said about him over two years ago .. I guess revenge is a dish best served cold .. and a very present help in trouble).

I am actually referring to problems I've been having on Facebook.

The site has been "wonky" (at least for me) for several days now and I am this close (you can't see them, but my thumb and index finger is almost touching and my eyes are kind of squinty .. the international symbol for 'this close') from deactivating my account (on account of .. I'm ticked).

Facebook has been good to me.

It has helped reconnect me with people from my past (no 'nut jobs' or stalkers .. so far).

It has reminded me of birthdays (it's like a personal assistant without the expense).

It has tested my knowledge on everything from "The Andy Griffith Show" to "The Baptist Hymnal" (quizzes .. gotta love 'em).

Back in the "good old days" when it was running flawlessly, I was very much "in love" with FB (that's what the pros call it).

Now, the flame is gone.

I have been "done wrong" (I can't post without error messages .. I can't read personal messages .. I now have NO friends .. I can't poke with flair) and it appears this relationship can't be salvaged .. It's a crying shame.

There's a fine line between love and hate and (at least for me) FB has crossed that line.

I had hoped we could remain friends, but every time I try to log in I am reminded of the pain I have experienced over the past several days.

So, it's time for a clean break.

Maybe one day I'll be able to "tweet" .. but not for a long time.

I'm still pretty fragile.

"Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none."
- Psalm 69:20

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Don't leave us!!!!!!

robbie said...

THAT IS WHY I GOT OFF OF FB. SO NOW I KEEP UP WITH U ON YOUR BLOG. YOU STILL HAVE THE PHONE TO CALL AND YOU GO PAST OUR HOUSE EVERYTIME YOU COME TO MEMPHIS

Teresa said...

Noooooo!!!!! My FB life will no longer have meaning!