Friday, October 23, 2009

Finally .. It's Friday


Today's post, like yesterday's .. and many, of late, will also have to be short and to the point (is this becoming a habit??). I need to get cleaned up (oh, man .. I hate getting cleaned up on my day off) and go to the office to take care of some unfinished business (that sounds like I'm going there to get into a fistfight or gun battle .. no, not this time .. unless one of the secretaries crosses me).

Because of our all day trip to Patti's (I had the one inch pork chop, not the two inch .. I am health conscious, you know), I was not able to finish this week's order of worship. So ... this morning I will need to put the "finishing touches" on Sunday's music (it all speaks of God's faithfulness to His children .. good stuff, promise).

I have to be done by lunch time because I am meeting David Skelton from the Bartlett Community Concert Band (and music director at Whitten Memorial Baptist Church) in Jackson to deliver the orchestrations (congratulations, it's a 8 lb 5 oz musical score!!) of our 2009 Christmas program (better late than never).

Fridays aren't what they used to be.

I can't wait for things to get back to normal so I can sit around in my underwear all day playing on Facebook.

".. thy servant was busy here and there .." - I Kings 20:40a

No comments: