Friday, October 2, 2009

I'm a Slow Starter


Another sleepless night (surprise, surprise, surprise .. I'm getting .. already gotten, actually .. tired of this) has kept me from rising early this morning to post something "blog-worthy." Fortunately, Friday is my day off and I don't have to feel guilty about not getting up at the crack of dawn .. I just said 'no' to crack (and by the way, Dawn .. that's disgusting).

Part of my problem was the stormy weather (Don't know why theres no sun up in the sky .. duh, it's midnight .. Stormy weather) last night.

Thunder (it rattled the windows). Lightning (so much, you could read a book with the lights out). Heavy rain (water, water, everywhere .. I don't get it, ancient mariner .. that doesn't 'rhyme'??).

All that unrest in the weather caused me .. unrest.

An AllegraD .. my drug of choice these days .. just before bedtime didn't help matters. Oh, it unstopped my nose .. no small feat for the Hamilton schnoz .. but it made me extremely nervous (Barney Fife seems laid back compared to me).

So, here I am. Tired. Irritable.

In other words, just being myself.

"Thus I was; in the day the drought consumed me, and the frost by night; and my sleep departed from mine eyes." - Genesis 31:40

No comments: