Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Real Pain in the Neck

I woke up this morning with a terrible "crick" in my neck, so today's entry will be rather brief and to the point (okay, perhaps just brief .. I tend to wander around aimlessly here).

For some time now I have had problems with restricted mobility (young man, you are grounded) of my neck and it especially hurts when I turn to the right (those sitting in the congregation who are on my right side may feel left out because I rarely look your direction .. sorry).

I'm not sure if my condition is arthritis related (we're second cousins .. on my mother's side) or caused by tension or stress (worry? .. who me?). Either way this pain in the neck is a real .. "pain in the neck."

Perhaps as the day progresses I will be able to move my head more freely (this is my fervent prayer).

Just to be on the safe side, I am planning out the day to only include lefthand turns (MapQuest indicates it should take me over an hour to drive fifteen miles to visit the hospital in Jackson).

Hopefully, things are looking up.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to move my head enough to notice.

"And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people." - Exodus 32:9

No comments: