Saturday, October 17, 2009

Paint II: The Final Conflict


Friday we spent the entire day painting the garage (actually the prep work: moving items out/around, sweeping, cleaning the door and window facings, etc .. took up a ton of time) and we still aren't finished.

I only hope and pray (Painting is Tough. Pray Hard) at the end of today, the job will be complete and I don't have to even see another paint roller for a long, long time (Lonnie, I have a new appreciation for your profession and by the way .. you can have it).

Most of my experience yesterday entailed painting the ceiling.

This doesn't sound like much of a challenge, but this morning I have a "pain in the neck" that "won't go away" (now I know how everyone who spends any time with me feels).

At least I don't have over 12,000 square feet to complete.

That was the size of the Sistine Chapel ceiling Michelangelo was commissioned to paint and .. for what it's worth .. that "covers in one coat" hooey is just a marketing ploy (no wonder it took him four years to complete).

Well, I was not commissioned to do the "work" and I'm pretty sure this old neck of mine (it turned fifty two this year, you know) can't hold out for four years. So, as soon as there is enough light outside .. I'm back on the job.

Hopefully, by the end of the day "things will be looking up."

I hate that expression.

"Unto thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens." - Psalm 123:1

No comments: