Thursday, July 10, 2008

Are You Sleeping? Are You Sleeping?


Tomorrow I am getting up early and going over to the AT&T store in Jackson to land a new Apple iPhone 3G. I will get there at 7:30 AM (they open at 8) and hope to get checked out and back in time for the start of VBS (our last day .. yeah!!!).

I'm a "gadget guy". I admit it. However, I've never had to be the very first to purchase a new product. It's different this time. Verizon ("Can you hear me now? I said, "Can you hear me now? Anyone? Anyone?") is terrible at the church office and I'm tired of missing calls when I'm there. So ... I'm jumping ship. Going with a different carrier and hoping for the best. The timing is right. The moon and stars are perfectly aligned (church family, I don't believe in that stuff so don't fire me. I need the money to buy my iPhone).

The rest of my family will stay with Verizon .. for now. So, since I am getting the plan with the least number of minutes and going with a different company, that knocks out "mobile to mobile". This simply means we won't be able to talk anymore (at least until I build up rollover minutes). I'm also NOT paying extra for texting. Letters and faxes ARE acceptable, but please keep them brief.

In case of an emergency, call 911.

No comments: