Thursday, July 31, 2008

Staff Infection


Tonight, one of our Sunday School classes is having a "Meet the Staff" night. We are gathering at Gil and Judy Fletcher's house to get up close and personal with some of the young couples at First Baptist Church.

Can you imagine the thrill of actually seeing me face to face? This must be a dream come true (kind of like meeting the president .. or Hannah Montana) for so many of these impressionable young people. Here is their big opportunity to pick (don't pick at that!) my brain (yes, I have one). I'm sure they will have dozens of questions:

How can I be a role model like you? How can I get my wife to adore me like Cheryl adores you? What is your solution to the war in Iraq? How are you able to sing fifteen songs in a thematic medley in less than two and a half minutes? How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

It's going to be a long night, but that's okay. With great power comes great responsibility.

1 comment:

Big Guy and Grammy said...

Glad ya'll were able to be with us...a busy time we know. Next time we get together, will have to remember that you want to be the "answer man". My question of the day, "Does anybody really know what time it is?" Have a blessed day...thanks for being who you are!
Gil