Friday, July 11, 2008

Love Will Keep Us Together

I arrived at the AT&T store at 7:05 this morning and I was number 10 in line for the new iPhone. I believe the first few people were there before 5 AM. The doors opened at 8 o'clock and only six customers at a time (they had six reps on hand at this location) were allowed to enter the store.

The process was supposed to take about 15 minutes, but that was not the case. Either Apple's servers or AT&T's (both were blamed) were not up to the task (like at the intro of the first iPhone last year). They ended up checking everyone out and sending them home to activate their own phone with iTunes 7.7.

I was able to port over my number from Verizon and put the new phone in my name (my old phone was under the church's account) in a matter of minutes, but I had to leave the store with an iBrick.

VBS had begun, so I ran by the house and changed into my "Billy Bob Tourist" (don't even ask) outfit before returning to the church (around 9:30). While I was home, I tried to connect to iTunes to activate service. No dice (church leaders, that's only an expression). After lunch, I came back home and tried (if at first you don't succeed ..) for a good thirty minutes or so. Finally, the activation screen came up and a few clicks later, I was in business.

It will take a little time to learn all the nuances of this little gem, but that's okay. You don't mind spending time with the one you love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you would give mom the touch instead your first-born son...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C9Bng7NPPY