Friday, July 25, 2008

Wake Up Call


Yesterday morning, the electricity went off (for about an hour) pretty much all over town. It happened while I was typing up the "Did I Do That?" entry on my trusty MacBook Pro (Apple - I love you .. even with those pesky MobileMe glitches) which meant my words of wisdom for the day were not typed in vain. However, I couldn't upload this fodder to the blogger.com page until I had internet access once again. A scary moment, I know for those who read this blog religiously (in the church, synagogue, or bathroom of your choice) each and every day.

The greater problem of the power outage was having to re-set the seventy three clocks (somehow my wife still manages to be late) found throughout our house. It was a challenge, but I spent my lunch hour doing so and in this laborious (Reader's Digest word of the day) process, I discovered that Cheryl's alarm clock (we have His and Hers) did not have a battery back-up. So .. I put a 9 volt battery in and reset the time. Just the time. NOT the alarm.

After just getting in to that "deep sleep pattern" last night, her alarm went off like a sack full of fireworks exactly at the stroke of midnight. I believe this is where they get the term rude awakening. Needless to say, it took a while to get over the shock and go back to sleep.

It is now 7:50 AM and Cheryl is supposed to be at work by 8 o'clock.

I think someone is going to be a little late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! That is why Cheryl and I get along so well. Late and Ann Taylor!