Friday, July 18, 2008

The Lonely Guy? Not Today

Well, the "Loneliest Guy in Town" gets a shot at going social as he interacts with the Hamilton family (hopefully) this weekend. Our Maytag washer started making sounds not found in nature a couple of nights ago and we have been afraid to use it ever since.

I'm not sure if you would describe the sound as "crushing" or "grinding". I just know it was annoying and went on .. and on .. and on .. and (Cheryl, don't go for the obvious on this one. I'm very sensitive).

I have had to learn to do a few minor repairs since moving in to "This Old House" nine years ago, but this is out of my league. Oh, I tried all the usual things. I turned it off then back on. I opened the lid and looked inside (three times). I even hit the machine on the side (this is how dad used to fix the TV). Nothing.

Clothes are piling up in the laundry room and it has a distinct aroma not unlike a locker room in July.

I'm calling for backup.

No comments: