Monday, July 28, 2008

Fog Went A-Courtin'


I woke up about 3:00 AM this morning and noticed a dense fog (it's starting to sound like the weather channel around here) outside. This is not the least bit unusual, however, since I seem to wake up in a dense fog most every morning.

How much sleep do you really need?

It is my understanding that Thomas Edison (hey, I have an idea) required only 4 hours of sleep per night, while Albert Einstein (E=mc Hammer .. or something like that) needed 12 hours to feel rested.

I'm certainly not comparing myself to Edison (the hair is similar) or Einstein (the hair was similar), but I believe that I function best somewhere in between. You see, I've tried the 4 hour pattern (heck, I'm in the 4 hour pattern) and it's not working for me. If I slept 12 hours, who would wake Cheryl up to tell her the alarm is going off?

My next step (the first is to admit you have a problem) is to stop my caffeine intake at night and to stop drinking a gallon of water before I retire (at night, not age 65). Maybe that will help.

BTW, the TV is on and guess what is coming up? It's that 1946 classic, "The Big Sleep".

Philip Marlowe, you are a cruel man.

No comments: