Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ready to Celebrate the Fourth


Tomorrow is July 4th, Independence Day. A day to enjoy the freedoms that we have in this country. A day of relaxation and fun that leads to a long weekend. Right? Well, maybe for some.

I am married. My wife has been out of town all week and she will be returning in a couple of days. Being at home alone means I can walk through the house throwing socks and underwear in every direction. If they land in the hamper, fine. If not, fine. I can choose to stack the sink full of dirty dishes or use the same plate and glass for every single meal (I do rinse with water first. I'm not an animal).

It's now time to come back to reality. There's furniture to dust, clothes to wash, floors to vacuum, and toilets to scrub. That's what's in store for my "independence day". It's a small price to pay to avoid seeing fireworks on Sunday.

No comments: