Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane


Cheryl was a "Navy brat" (I was just a brat) which meant she changed addresses quite a bit growing up (it's a good thing she married a minister to put a stop to that). Just as she got settled in and comfortable in one location, Uncle Sam decided it was time to move on.

One of the more exotic spots (not that NAS Millington wasn't) where her dad was stationed was the Philippines. Cheryl has a childhood memory of that duty (the word still makes me laugh) station which included a jukebox with a song by John Denver, (performed, most likely, by Peter, Paul and Mary"Leaving On a Jet Plane." The people there LOVED the song and it played CONSTANTLY all day long.

Because she heard it SOOO many times, Cheryl has a problem with the song. So do I.

Today Megan is leavin' on a jet plane and going back to North Carolina. She told me, "Don't know when I'll be back again" (it's 800 miles).

Hubby, Will is glad but .. Oh, babe, I hate to see you go.

No comments: