Monday, February 9, 2009

Coughing and Hacking .. Sounds Like a Bad Law Firm


Cheryl is at it again. She was "coughin' her head off" (not literally .. that would be gross, gruesome and 'Marie Antoinette-like') all night long. Choking on sinus drainage and once around 2:45 AM .. by my own hands (I'm sorry, I just couldn't take it anymore) is miserable and frustrating .. for everyone.

She (we) went through this a few weeks ago and , obviously, Cheryl has never really gotten over whatever ailment (that sounds like something Granny Clampett would say) she had then.

Shots and oral medication haven't seemed to help, so ... it's time for some home remedies (that really sounds like Granny Clampett). Here are a few I read about that are supposed to help treat a cough or cold.
  • Before you go to bed, coat your feet with Vicks Vapor Rub and wear heavy socks (try to avoid getting up and going to the bathroom during the night .. it feels like you are stepping on a jellyfish)
  • Mix water, honey, apple cider vinegar, ground ginger and cayenne pepper. Take by the teaspoon (your cough is instantly suppressed .. by the vomiting)
  • Take a teaspoon of honey with a little bit of vodka or brandy (not very Baptist-friendly .. you may still cough .. you just don't care)
  • Make a "tea" from water, ginger, lemon and garlic (the cough doesn't go away but at least your husband won't bother you)
  • Take a strong laxative before bedtime (the cold may persist .. however, it makes you afraid to cough)
Hopefully, something will work.

She is in desperate need of a "nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, frustrated sleep-deprived husband, so you can rest medicine."

5 comments:

Susan Nelson said...

Please tell Cheryl that I am praying for not only her, but also her husband. The new pictures are the best laugh I have had in a week!

RevKev♫ said...

Thanks for the prayers. I'll pass that on to Cheryl. Glad you got a chuckle at my pictures. It is time for a change, you know.

Cathy said...

There is surely hope for you somewhere...well, at least I can pray for Cheryl to get well soon! It's miserable for everyone I'm sure. Try the 3rd remedy...it's the best (I've heard - never, never, never would I try it myself...oh, NO!)

Anonymous said...

A shot glass of Nyquil should do the trick...for her, not you. For you, I recommend donuts!

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone switched the captions on the pictures!