Thursday, February 26, 2009

I Promise to Tell the Truth, the Whole .. (Let's Just Leave It at That)


Well, the old "blog odometer" rolled over 20,000 yesterday (when you go back to check your own web page multiple times during the day, like a 'best of the 60s and 70s' radio station' .. the hits just keep coming).

This brings me to today's topic (sort of): truth in advertising.

Tom T. Kitty, the "donut obsessed feline" who likes to leave comments from time to time, questioned the authenticity of those numbers after Tuesday's post and the question was valid.

According to the summary page of my hit counter, there have actually been (as of this morning) 9027 "unique visitors" to RevKev's little piece of the world wide web (thanks again, Al Gore for inventing the internet .. our lives have been deeply enriched by your labors).

Unique visitors. Now, THAT has to be one of the best descriptions I've ever heard (or read, actually).

Those of you who follow this blog religiously (I am in the ministry, you know) should certainly be classified as "unique" (a few other words .. like warped and certifiable .. come to mind, as well) just to come back here on a regular or semi-regular basis.

Don't misunderstand. I love "the crazies." In fact, I are one (if you haven't noticed).

You help fulfill my "lust for laughter" (if you think about people laughing .. committing amusement in your heart .. but they don't, is that still wrong?) and I couldn't do this without you.

The counter will never give an accurate assessment of exactly how many of you are out there.

I just know if you read RevKev's blog (and 'get it'), you ARE definitely .. "out there."

6 comments:

jidgede said...

you made me think of the "beverly hillbillies", "ya'll come back, here?" and i will again and again.......

RevKev♫ said...

Thanks for the support, Jilliemae!

jidgede said...

ok, this is jilliemae senior!!!!

RevKev♫ said...

Oops! I didn't have my glasses on.

Anonymous said...

Who won the donuts for being the 20,000th visitor to Kevin's World?

RevKev♫ said...

I decided to go by "real" numbers. Those donuts are going to be awful moldy by then.