Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I've Been Hit!


Looking at the "hit counter" at the bottom of my blog page, I should reach 20,000 sometime this week (Lord willing .. and 'the creek don't rise'). This is both perplexing (why would anyone read this stuff?) and disturbing (it's like coming up on a bad train wreck .. you want to look away .. you just .. can't).

When I started this little blog of mine (I'm gonna let it shine), I had no idea what to expect or where it would lead. I did know I was able to go on and on for hours at a time without really saying anything (I like to hear myself talk, I suppose) OR I can spend at least thirty minutes or so saying the very same thing over and over and over and over and over (the repeated phrases are for emphasis .. please don't post a comment .. I meant to do that) and over and over (getting old, isn't it?) and over again.

This is annoying to Cheryl and, now that I've seen it in writing, I must admit .. I've kind of gotten on my own nerves.

However, the facts speak for themselves. The numbers don't lie.

You like me. You really like me!

Thanks for your support. It's because of you, my loyal fan base, that I continue doing what I do .. every single day (except Sunday, of course).

I sure hope you are able to live with that kind of guilt.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope I am the lucky 20,000. Will there be bells and whistles and confetti? I just want a prize, you already have one.....OUR LOYALTY!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Vicki, there should def. be a prize for being the 20,000th hit! As sad as it may be though, this does start my day off right reading this while my students eat breakfast!

Anonymous said...

You are a refreshing start to the day ... second only to Matt Lauer in whose news starts my day!!!

Anonymous said...

There's three choir suck-ups for you. Nice job ladies - I feel a trio coming on for Easter.

RevKev♫ said...

Leave it to "coach" to be the voice of truth. They had me going for a minute there.

Susan Nelson said...

How did you get the counter at the bottom of your blog page? I have been trying all morning and I can't seem to insert it. I have tried html and add a gadget, but they both tell me the gadget is broken. Any suggestions for one who is html illiterate?

RevKev♫ said...

Susan .. go here: http://gostats.com/. It works great.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kevin...is the 20,000 REAL numbers or is it ministerially speaking? (You know, when they have High Attendance Day and every pregnant woman gets counted as 2 people, cars cutting through the parking lot get counted...you get the drift.)

RevKev♫ said...

That number IS misleading. If you go to my site three times in one day .. you need to get a life .. AND it adds three to the counter. Thanks for "busting up" my little racket.

Cathy said...

Well, I certainly enjoy reading all your missives. Sometimes, I even laugh. ROFL.

Anonymous said...

I'm back, helping you get those numbers up...do I get a dozen donuts if I'm the 20,000th person? How about 20,000 donuts? But ya gotta send them before tomorrow night, because that's when Lent starts!