Friday, February 27, 2009

Me and My Big Mouth


Yesterday, I was one of the guests (former FBC Humboldt MoM, Ricky Clark was the other .. not to be confused with 'the others' in LOST .. ABC, Wednesdays at 9 PM Eastern/ 8 PM Central) on "Real Life," Supertalk FM 97.7 in Jackson.

"Real Life with Ben and Brad" (actually, Ben wasn't there .. coward) can be heard on Thursdays from 10-11 AM and features the Pastor (Ben) and Worship Minister (Brad) of Englewood Baptist Church, which incidentally, I served when I was a student at Union University (this was never mentioned on the show .. in fact, I had to sign a waver not to bring up my past association with EBC .. something about pouring salt in a wound???).

The three of us "talked shop" .. the ups and downs of being in the ministry (sometimes, the downs and downs of being in the ministry) .. and the one hour show just flew by.

Brad and Ricky sounded so professional and .. spiritual.

I sounded .. like one of those people they interview on the news who just lost their mobile home to a tornado (except .. I was less articulate).

There was an opportunity to put a "plug" in for the blog and according to my hit counter, "Real Life with Ben and Brad" has about the same kind of following as RevKev's blog (my server didn't get 'slammed' trying to accommodate all the new traffic generated by my appearance on the show) OR after hearing me, people blocked my site.

We did receive one "call in" from a former South Side High School classmate who recognized my name.

Apparently, I borrowed lunch money from him a couple of times and he wants it back .. with a small interest fee.

Let's see .. $4 at twenty percent .. over the course of 35 years ..

I'm going to need a calculator.

No comments: