Monday, February 2, 2009

MoM's Coming Over .. Better Do Some Cleaning


The West Tennessee Ministers of Music (MoMs) are meeting at my church this morning at 9:30, so I have to make this brief (as opposed to boxer) and to the point (it's not polite .. add staring and that's even worse).

The choir room is always a wreck after Sunday (do you people just throw your folders in the door after the morning service?? .. sure looks like it .. and those robes .. if you don't take better care of them, you're not getting one in heaven .. if I have anything to do with it) and I have to do some "straightening up" (translated: I have to make sure Teresa does some straightening up) before they arrive.

I don't usually make a fuss over how clean things are (those who have been in my office and lived to tell about it .. it's been declared a disaster zone by the governor .. know this for a fact). However, when my peers come to town I like to give the impression that I've "got it all together."

Since most of my ministry has been built on deceit and misdirection, this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I just wouldn't open any closets or closed doors, if I were you.

It might be hazardous to your health.

No comments: