Monday, April 13, 2009

Home Alone .. Again


Cheryl is enjoying her time in North Carolina with Meg & Will .. I guess (she sent a text when she arrived on Saturday and I haven't heard from her since). They say "no news is good news" (in the early days of WBBJ channel 7 in Jackson that was certainly true .. I've seen smoother camera work on the 'Blair Witch Project') so, everything must be great.

I, on the other hand, woke up yesterday morning and found a puddle of water in the kitchen floor. Upon further investigation (I peeked under the sink) I discovered a leak in the hot water pipe. I took everything out from underneath the cabinet, wiped up the mess, turned off the hot water and proceeded to get ready for the community sunrise service (6:30 AM at Bailey Park .. words can not adequately describe the sound of an early morning crowd .. with teeth chattering in the cold .. attempting to sing 'Christ the Lord Is Risen Today' in a key that was obviously way too high .. every stray dog in a two mile radius howled continually throughout the four, excruciating stanzas).

The bodily Resurrection of Jesus was truly a miracle. It is the living hope of all believers. That's why we celebrate Easter.

Another miracle happened yesterday .. at FBC's 10:30 worship service.

Our handbells played three songs, there was a baptism (way to go, Ashlee!!), we sang 16 hymns and choruses (my personal best .. to date), and Greg preached .. all within a 55 minute time frame.

The wonders never cease!

I ate lunch with friends (thank you, Hales .. it was delicious) and returned to my empty house to enjoy some chilaxin' in front of the television .. which I did .. until the electricity went off.

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

Cheryl, I hope you are enjoying your visit. It's a laugh a minute here.

Hurry home .. please!!

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."
- John 14:18

No comments: