Thursday, April 30, 2009

Home Again .. Naturally


We left Branson (they never knew what hit 'em) Wednesday morning at 8 o'clock and pointed the bus back toward Humboldt.

A lot (yes Erin .. I know it's two words) of ground had been covered since Monday (three shows, a tour of College of the Ozarks and more food than should be consumed by a normal human) and when I offered a prayer (asking for safe travel) on the bus before "take off" yesterday morning, it should have included "now I lay me down to sleep" (bobbing heads, open mouths and drool seemed to be prevalent as we journeyed home).

We arrived at 3:30 (right on schedule) and this year's Spring YY trip was history.

Two weeks of travel (actually, Monday - Thursday and Monday - Wednesday .. it sure seemed like two full weeks) are behind me and now I can slow down.

Today I'm on the radio (Morning Praise with Tom Mapes on 97.7) from eight until ten talking about the West Tennessee Strawberry Festival, it's my hospital day (visiting .. not being admitted .. at this point, anyway), I have to complete Sunday's worship order, and I'm speaking at West Jackson Baptist Church tonight for a children's choir workers banquet.

Home .. it's so relaxing.

"Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee." - Psalm 116:7

3 comments:

erin said...

No rest for the weary, and the righteous don't need none! :)

Cathy said...

Drink LOTS of coffee and have fun!

Tom T. Kitty said...

Don't forget the donuts with that coffee!