Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Am Serious .. and Don't Call Me Shirley


I hate to fly .. and it shows (sorry, Delta). Cheryl, on the other hand (I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous) .. loves it.

She is on Spring break next week, so this morning she's flying out to North Carolina to see Megan and Will.

I am not.

I have flown. In fact, my first fright .. uh, I mean flight .. actually I was right the first time .. was to Hawaii.

Could I start out with a short trip to Atlanta to try things out? Nooooooo .. I had to be on a plane over water for hours and hours and hours and ...

Of course, the icing on the cake was when they showed "The Hindenburg" (a 1975 disaster flick starring George C. Scott) as the in flight movie (what Brainiac at the airline came up with that?? .. a long flight seems even longer .. when you've soiled yourself).

Cheryl is going to have a great day. She gets to do two things she really loves: 1) fly the friendly skies and 2) spend some quality time with Megan .. and Will .. and Jack .. and Dewey.

My day? Not so great.

I get to do two things I really hate: 1) worry about my wife until she lands safely and 2) be a "bachelor" (I'm going to miss those home-cooked meals Cheryl prepares every night ...) until she returns next Thursday.

Randy: There's been a little problem in the cockpit, and I ...
Ted Striker: The cockpit? What is it?
Randy: It's a little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now.

"Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise Him in the heights." - Psalm 148:1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that flight was great fun. Being stuck in an airplane with Doc and Craig Watkins was entertaining in itself!

Jim L. said...

So today would be a bad day to give up coffee!!