Friday, April 24, 2009

Plum Tuckered Out


Last night, we combined forces with the Tennessee Ladies Chorus and sang at the Renaissance Center. It was the final presentaion of our "six concerts in four days" tour and I have to say (I suppose I don't have to say it .. but since this is my blog .. well, you know .. that goes without saying) the experience was bittersweet (after a long week .. the guys were bitter .. the ladies, who only had to sing last night .. sweet).

We sang in a variety of settings (acoustically speaking) all week, but the Performing Arts Theatre (last night's room) in Dickson was "dryer" than an outdoor Episcopal sermon in July and it took every available ounce of energy (after a week on the road .. that wasn't much) just to get some sound in to the room.

By the end of the two hour program, we were all completely exhausted (now that's total praise). Fortunately, we had a short intermission and I was able to sit down backstage and watch a little bit of television to relax. There was a 1980 movie on about the students in a New York City High School for the Performing Arts .. so I got my fifteen minutes of "Fame" (no groans .. please).

The evening ended in grand fashion with a wonderful round of applause from the audience. Of course, we were unable to hear it in that dead room, but you could see they were clapping.

Thank you, Dr. Paul Clark .. our fearless (except for one part when I saw you sweat a lot after a 'deer in the headlights' moment from the group) leader.

Well done, good and faithful servant.

"To the end that my glory may sing praise to Thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto Thee for ever." - Psalm 30:12

1 comment:

Beverly said...

Congrats on the tour - sorry I missed it. Now that I'm in the loop, maybe I can come and heckle sometime! Take your weary road legs and put them in a recliner for the weekend!!