Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Bonnie (Lass) Lies Over the Ocean


We are down to the final leg (I don't really have one to stand on at this point) of the tour and tonight will be our "swan song" (not the ancient belief of the bird that is silent its entire life and then sings one beautiful song just before its death. We are performing a piece about a swan .. who better to do so .. than a bunch of ugly ducklings).

Actually, our group will get a "makeover" tonight when the Tennessee Ladies Chorus (and couldn't we all use a little TLC these days?) joins us at the Renaissance Center in Dickson, TN.

This will be concert number six and adding a little estrogen to the group might be just the "shot in the arm" we need to add vitality (we are 'wore slap out' .. which is Tennessee vernacular for our 'get up and go .. has got up and gone' .. which is Tennessee vernacular for we're 'too pooped to pop' .. which is Tennessee vernacular for .. oh, forget it!!) to our singing.

I have enjoyed spending the week with fifty five guys that I really respect (we had sixty on the tour .. five of them are jerks) and I know my life has been enriched by the experiences we have shared.

Thank you, FBC Humboldt for allowing me to participate (actually I didn't ask permission .. I just did it .. sorry) in this tour of our great state.

At least it was nice and quiet in the office all week.

"And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord .."
- 2 Corinthians 8:19a

4 comments:

Vicki Dale said...

Choir wasn't the same without your smiling face(well, fuzzy face)last night. But I will say K.B. did an excellent job...she always does. Barbara Bunch wanted to act up last night..guess when the cats away the mice will play. You can deal with her Sunday.....be safe.

Beverly Grant said...

It's "My Bonnie Lass She Smelleth". I'm guessing that after a week, there were a few of God's warriors that smellethed or at least exuded smells!

RevKev♫ said...

Vicki Dale (Vestal) .. missed you guys!

Bev .. ah, PDQ Bach at his best. BTW, you are right about the aroma. Ripe .. to say the least!

Tom T. Kitty said...

Too bad you didn't do "The Seasonings"!