Thursday, April 16, 2009

Never More to Roam .. for Now


Cheryl arrives this afternoon (5:42 PM) at the Memphis International Airport and I can hardly wait for her return .. The Lord of the (WEDDING) Rings: Return of the (FORMER) King (her maiden name .. I married royalty)!
It seems like "forever-ago" when I dropped her off at the airport last Saturday for a visit to Wilmington. However, for the most part, the time has passed fairly quickly.

With Easter Sunday, a SonShiners program on Monday, and "regular" (whatever that means these days) Wednesday night rehearsals, I have kept busy enough to at least tolerate these last 5 or 6 days.

My mom fed me a few times (three meals .. plus leftovers to take home) and I got to spend a little time "catching up" with my parents and performing a few internet-related tasks (where are my bookmarks? .. my email doesn't open like it used to .. this poor man from Nigeria needs help getting money out of his country and wants to give us a cut ..) on the computer.

A week "home alone" would be absolute heaven for my wife.

For me?

It is absolute .. NOT heaven (sorry to use that kind of strong language).

I hate being by myself.

My mind thinks some pretty bizarre thoughts (I'm sure this is in no way noticeable to my readers) on a regular basis. When given additional time to "run amuck" .. I can't be held responsible for what might take place.

I will have to fight the urge to completely "spill my guts" (she just loves my non-stop babbling .. verbal diarrhea) the moment Cheryl gets in the car this afternoon. I am going to try to pace (New York City??) myself and spend more time listening to what she has to say.

Yeah, like that's gonna happen.

"He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life"
- Proverbs 13:3a

3 comments:

Allen and Laura said...

I've got my own personal chef when my wife's out of town. Chef Boyardee.... :)

RevKev♫ said...

Allen, it sounds like you and I have a lot in common!

Beverly said...

Sounds like you should be greeting her with flowers in your hand for taking care of the spoiled rotten husband! I agree that it might be dangerous to leave you at home alone. Anything could happen and obviously did!