Thursday, April 9, 2009

Yanni or Yawny?


"The Longest Day" is a 1962 Academy Award-winning film based on a book (written in 1959 by Cornelius Ryan) about the invasion of Normandy (D-Day) on June 6, 1944.

There were 43 international stars in this Darryl F. Zanuck production, including: John Wayne, Henry Fonda, Robert Mitchum, Eddie Albert, Red Buttons, Richard Burton, and Sean Connery (the man Cheryl would pursue if something were to happen to me .. sometimes I wake up with a pillow over my face .. she says it's because I was snoring .. I'm not so sure), just to name a few.

For me, today is going to be "the longest day."

I woke up this morning (that sounds like the opening words of a B.B King song) at 3:45 AM with a headache and couldn't go back to sleep (it wasn't because of a pillow over my face .. this time). So, I took two Excedrin knock-offs (the Wal-Mart brand) and had a cup of Starbucks coffee from my new Tassimo brewing system (perhaps you've heard of it?). The caffeine from the meds and the hot "cup of joe" should keep me going (I know the coffee will .. it runs through me like a river .. ah, 'A River Runs Through It' .. a film starring Brad Pitt .. the man Cheryl would pursue if things didn't work out with Connery .. Angelina, watch your back) .. for a while.

"Long Day's Journey into Night" is also a 1962 film based on a play by Eugene O'Neill that .. let's save that story for tomorrow

After all .. tomorrow is another day (you know, if things didn't work out with Connery or Pitt and if Clark Gable were still alive .. I think I need to buy some candy and flowers).

"My breath is strange to my wife .." - Job 19:17

3 comments:

jidgede said...

clark, brad and sean???? and.....she chose YOU!!!!!
that should make your day feel shorter.....at least better <><

Tom T. Kitty said...

She saw him wearing his grass skirt and there was no doubt then who she would pick...

Tom T. Kitty said...

Remember Scarlett's famous line..."I'll think about it tomorrow". I'm thinking about those donuts I gave up for Lent! Daylight Donuts, look out for a predawn Easter raid! Kevin, get the high-powered coffee ready!